Smarter Grid Solutions are seeking a DevOps engineer to join our experienced team in Glasgow to support the continued growth of our DevOps/DevSecOps team. Reporting to our Principal DevOps Engineer and working alongside our technology teams you will provide a key role in executing SGS’s product strategy. The right candidate will demonstrate a record of accomplishment and a passion for learning, keeping current with technologies and practices. A good understanding of security issues will make you stand out. Above all, you will demonstrate enthusiasm for DevOps and a willingness to learn and grow in this role.
Your core duties will be:
- Design, build and maintain CI/CD pipelines supporting both development and production workloads in both AWS and VMware platforms.
- Support existing AWS environments and provide training and knowledge transfer to both software development and support teams.
- Maintain and support development tools including GitLab, Jira, Confluence and Bamboo.
AWS Knowledge including multi-account deployments and user administration
- Linux Administration
- IAC deployments with Terraform and Ansible
- Coding experience in either Python or Go
- Building and testing containers (docker)
- Expertise diagnosing and troubleshooting complex technical issues
- Windows Administration
- VMware administration
- Networking experience including VPN setup.
- Building GitLab CI pipelines
- Experience in integrating security scanning into CI/CD pipelines
- Hashicorp tools including Vault and Consul
- Database administration experience, SQL Server or PostgreSQL
Smarter Grid Solutions is a pioneering technology company that spearheaded the introduction of Active Network Management in the UK, and is now a world-leading provider of DERMS Software to electrical utilities across the UK, Europe and North America. We have a customer base that includes major utilities including UK Power Networks, Western Power Distribution, Consolidated Edison, Hydro One and Southern California Edison and controls over 500 MW of renewable generation, from wind turbines to electric vehicles, across its customer territories.
- Competitive salary, dependent upon experience
- 33 days holiday
- 5% matched Employer pension scheme
- Up to 5% Gainshare bonus per annum
- Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
- Life Cover (3x)
- Flexible / Hybrid Working Opportunities
In return, you’ll be joining a highly engaged and passionate team that rewards commitment and achievement!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
If you’re interested in applying for this position or have any questions about the role or life at Smarter Grid Solutions we’d love to hear from you! Please email a CV/resume (or your questions) to email@example.com. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can!