DSO Transition Lead
Smarter Grid Solutions (SGS) is a leading provider of Smart Grid products and services with a client list of network and utility companies ranging across UK and North America such as Scottish & Southern Electricity Distribution, Western Power Distribution, UK Power Networks, Avangrid, SP Energy Networks and Southern California Edison. Our software provides the capability to help these distribution utilities to digitalise, transition to Distribution System Operators (DSO) and play their full part in a net zero energy transition.
SGS is seeking to recruit a DSO Transition Lead to join our Go to Market team, working with new and existing customers to maximise the use of, and value for customers from, the use of our software products. The exciting role will work ‘hand in glove’ with customers in a pre-sales and account management capacity.
Overview of the Role
The DSO Transition Lead will position SGS as developers of innovation projects and the go-to partner for smart-grid initiatives. They will be responsible for pre-sales, account management and strategic initiatives with DNOs / DSOs. The role will work prior to, and in tandem with, projects to help DNOs transition to DSOs. Taking a consultative ‘trusted advisor’ approach, the role will identify opportunities for customers to benefit from our technology and support them in achieving value from their systems. The role will work to launch new offerings, use cases and propositions to existing customers and to secure new DNO / DSO clients.
The role requires a high degree of adaptability in what is a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, reflecting the varied portfolio of novel and challenging projects delivered by SGS at the leading edge of smart grid innovation.
The role will be based out of the Glasgow office, but the correct candidate can be home-based. The role will require occasional travel to customer sites and events.
The successful candidate will have experience and understanding of the electrical power system and the challenges faced by distribution utilities as they play their full role in facilitating the transition to a net zero energy system. The successful candidate will understand the emerging role of a DSO and the new tools and processes required to enable these new functions. They will be conversant with distribution utilities, the technologies they use, the regulatory conditions within which they operate and their innovation environment.
The successful candidate can come from a technical or commercial background. They will be able to empathise with different distribution utility stakeholders and create imaginative propositions to help address their challenges. They will be an excellent communicator and initiative taker who achieves high quality outcomes from their own work.
- Leading pre-sales activities with new and existing distribution utility customers
- Leading the development of propositions, presentations, and customer proposals
- Leading the introduction of new propositions and offerings into the utilities
- Working with existing customers to ensure customer success from existing projects
- Working closely with distribution utilities to understand their needs
- Coordinating sales activities in key accounts including managing CRM and account plans
- Preparing marketing content, magazine articles and conference papers
- Participation in relevant working groups
- Working with marketing colleagues to provide support and content to marketing campaigns
- Liaising with product management to define and prioritize market requirements
Essential Skills & Experience
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject (electrical engineering, business management, etc.)
- Good working knowledge and experience of distribution utilities.
- At least 3 years’ experience working within the power sector.
- Strong understanding of recent developments and demonstrations of smart, flexible grid technologies, network operator (utility) operating models and regulatory context of electricity transmission and distribution.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Delivering consultancy, innovation project or power systems analysis services to distribution utilities
- Experience supporting the DG/DER development lifecycle process and standards, particularly the connection application process and emerging, innovative solutions.
- Experience of flexibility services (either as a buyer or seller)
- Understanding of emerging industry trends such as the DSO transition, grid flexibility services, net zero carbon developments and the Open Networks initiative.
Compensation and Benefits
- £60,000 - £100,000, dependent upon experience
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of 3 public days)
- 5% matched Employer pension scheme
- Up to 5% company performance bonus per annum
- Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
- Life Cover (3x)
- Cycle scheme
In return, you’ll be joining a highly engaged and passionate team that rewards commitment and achievement.
If would like to apply, please send your CV and Covering Letter to [email protected]
We are looking forward to hearing from you!