Smarter Grid Solutions (SGS) is a leading provider of Smart Grid products and services with an international client list of the leading utility companies. SGS delivers Active Network Management (ANM) technology solutions supported by power systems analysis, systems integration, and support services that allow electricity network operators to connect more Distributed Energy Resources (DER) to the existing grid while avoiding or postponing grid reinforcements.
This dedicated front-end role involves the development of our customer-facing ANM Strata User Interface. Our user interface provides utility operators with a real-time view of the operation of our software including live measurement data, illustrations of historical performance and the ability to configure and control our platform. You will work with the latest user interface technologies in a growing multi-disciplinary software team based across our Glasgow and New York offices.
The ideal candidate for this role will have either recently graduated from a course with an emphasis on UI development or have 1-2 years’ commercial experience in user interface design.
Responsibilities and Objectives
- Design and implement user interfaces using the latest UI development technologies.
- Develop code within budget and on time according to the defined company standards and quality processes.
- Work as a member of an Agile Scrum team and participate in daily stand-ups.
- Contribute to the ongoing technical innovation of the team by bringing relevant products, techniques, thoughts and ideas to the table.
Required Experience and Capabilities
- Formal qualification in computing science, software engineering or an associated discipline.
- Experience applying object-oriented software design methodologies to front-end projects.
- Familiarity with front-end unit testing technologies.
- Experience using REST APIs.
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Understanding of AJAX, web sockets and publish-subscribe messaging protocols.
- Experience using CSS pre-processors and CSS design methodologies.
- Understanding of browser compatibility issues and solutions.
- Understanding of user experience principles and layout aesthetics.
Anticipated Start Date
Apply now: firstname.lastname@example.org