Smarter Grid Solutions (SGS) is a leading provider of Smart Grid products and services with an international client list of the leading utility companies. SGS delivers Active Network Management (ANM) technology solutions supported by power systems analysis, systems integration and support services that allow electricity network operators to connect more Distributed Energy Resources (DER) to the existing grid, while avoiding or postponing grid reinforcements.
This full-stack software development role offers the exciting opportunity to work on a variety of technologies across our suite of real-time control algorithms, IoT device interfaces, data stores, web services and visualisation software. The successful candidate will work with the latest Java, .NET and web technologies to develop a complete solution for our customers in a growing multi-disciplinary software team based across our Glasgow and New York offices.
Responsibilities and Objectives
- Design and implement web services using the latest microservices frameworks.
- Design and implement control and logic algorithms.
- Design and implement network and IoT device interfaces.
- Work with a variety of data store technologies.
- Design and implement user interfaces using the latest UI development technologies.
- Develop code within budget and on time according to the defined company standards and quality processes.
- Work as a member of an Agile Scrum team and participate in daily stand-ups.
- Contribute to the ongoing technical innovation of the team by bringing relevant products, techniques, thoughts and ideas to the table.
Required Experience and Capabilities
- Honours degree or equivalent qualification in computing science, software engineering or associated discipline.
- Competent in either Java or C#.
- Experience in using SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks.
- Experience using REST APIs.
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Understanding of AJAX, web sockets and publish-subscribe messaging protocols.
- Experience using CSS pre-processors and CSS design methodologies.
- Understanding of browser compatibility issues and solutions.
- Understanding of user experience principles and layout aesthetics.
- Good knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
Anticipated Start Date
Apply now: firstname.lastname@example.org