Smarter Grid Solutions (SGS), a Mitsubishi Electric company, is a world-leader in software for the management of clean energy assets. Markets addressed by SGS software include large energy utilities and a spectrum of other energy asset developers and operators. Outward bound marketing programmes includes campaigns for specific customer groups and geographies, content marketing, a wide-range of online and in-person channels, digital marketing. Our main goals are company and product brand awareness in our target markets and lead generation.
Background & Job Purpose
As part of our growth strategy, we are recruiting for a General Marketing and Content Assistant for our Glasgow Office. This Marketing Assistant role focuses on the need for high quality technical and commercial content to support campaigns, keep our digital platforms and channels fresh and reflect the SGS brand. The Marketing Assistant reports to the Marketing Coordinator and in a small team lead by the EVP Markets & Products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support ongoing and periodic marketing planning and execution tracking processes
- Support periodic marketing reporting and review
- Assist with market research and marketing metrics
- Collate, analyse and report on product markets
- Analytics for SGS platforms and campaigns
- Liaising with Product Management and other technical teams on accurate products and services information for marketing
- Liaison with Sales teams on campaign delivery and lead follow-ups.
- Liaising with Finance and IT teams to procure, implement and secure marketing platforms, suppliers and other resources
- Provide support to other marketing activities at peak campaign and event periods
- Support customer feedback processes
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the products and services for marketing/documentation
- Plan, draft, edit, proof and publish a range of written content:
- Social Media
- Ad blurb
- Plan, script, design, create, edit and publish image, video and audio content:
- Product demo resources/assets
- Liaise with the SGS external Public Relations programme
- Press releases
- By-lined articles
- Execute tasks independently when required
- Must take responsibility for own work quality and take initiative to identify the best way to deliver marketing programmes
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail on executing personal activities and those of others
- Ability to interact with range of other team members and external organisations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other standard office IT tools.
- Excellent written and grammatical skills in English language for a range of documentation types:
- Content creation, editing and checking for publication.
- Alignment with SGS brand of high quality and excellence.
- Proficient in editing, design and publishing tools.
Qualified and/or experienced marketer
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, dependent upon experience
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of 3 public days)
- 5% matched Employer pension scheme
- Up to 5% company performance bonus per annum
- Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
- Life Cover (3x)
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying for this position or have any questions about the role or life at Smarter Grid Solutions we’d love to hear from you! Please email a CV/resume (or your questions) to email@example.com. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can!