Smarter Grid Solutions are seeking a personable, enthusiastic, IT support technician to join our experienced team in Glasgow. Your primary role will be to provide first-class IT support to our employees in the UK and North America. The ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate passion for technology and can communicate clearly to all levels of the business.
Your core duties will be:
- Provide IT help and support to users based in UK and North America
- Managing IT helpdesk queue working to meet SLAs
- Maintain accurate inventories of IT equipment, software and licenses
- Software Licence renewals
- Conduct IT Operational tasks
- Monitoring Infrastructure
- Windows 10 Desktop
- Windows Server
- Active Directory and other infrastructure technologies such as DHCP, DNS, WSUS
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Experience & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have 1 – 3 years experience in a 1st and 2nd line IT support environment. You will have HND/HNC or equivalent in IT or computer science and hold relevant certification such as CompTIA A+. We will however consider all candidates with a demonstrable passion and knowledge in IT.
Smarter Grid Solutions is a pioneering technology company that spearheaded the introduction of Active Network Management in the UK, and is now a world-leading provider of DERMS Software to electrical utilities across the UK, Europe and North America. We have a customer base that includes major utilities including UK Power Networks, Western Power Distribution, Consolidated Edison, Hydro One and Southern California Edison and controls over 500 MW of renewable generation, from wind turbines to electric vehicles, across its customer territories.
- Competitive salary, dependent upon experience
- 33 days holiday
- 5% matched Employer pension scheme
- Up to 5% Gainshare bonus per annum
- Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
- Life Cover (3x)
- Flexible Working
In return, you’ll be joining a highly engaged and passionate team that rewards commitment and achievement!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
If you’re interested in applying for this position or have any questions about the role or life at Smarter Grid Solutions we’d love to hear from you! Please email a CV/resume (or your questions) to email@example.com. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can!