Smarter Grid Solutions is a software company working at the intersection of clean energy, advanced technology, and power systems. We are a team of electrical engineers, software developers, and analytics & consulting experts working on the transformation of tomorrow’s electric grid – to become cleaner, more efficient, and more sustainable.
Smarter Grid Solutions is a pioneering technology company that spearheaded the introduction of Active Network Management in the UK, and is now a world-leading provider of Distributed Energy Resource (DER) Management Systems (DERMS) software to electrical utilities across the UK, Europe and North America. We have a customer base that includes major electric utilities such as UK Power Networks, Western Power Distribution, Avangrid, Consolidated Edison, Hydro One, and Southern California Edison and manage a portfolio over 400 megawatts of renewable generation, from wind turbines and solar systems to battery energy storage and electric vehicles.
We’re looking for a curious, diligent, and detail-oriented intern to help in our mission to transformation of today’s energy systems. You will apply your marketing, sales, and creative skills in a practical context, to an impactful industry. Through this internship, you will have the opportunity to learn broadly about the renewable energy technology and the electric utilities industry from the industry’s top experts. You will gain exposure to some of the main challenges facing the energy transition, ranging from business, engineering, and sales/marketing. Finally, you will be engage in a dedicated and fun work environment located in midtown Manhattan, at the Urban Tech Hub (hubatgct.com).
General expectations for Sales & Marketing Intern role:
- Market Research
- Conduct primary and secondary market research
- Gather market data and intelligence
- Identify and log industry and technology trends
- Run website and other online analytics reports
- Assist sales team with maintaining databases - keep track of sales contacts and leads
- Produce summary reports on sales programs
- Marketing & Content Management
- for web and social media
- Update website, PR, and social media content using content management systems
- Help with marketing campaigns, including content creation and proof reading drafts
- Produce summary reports on marketing campaigns and programs
- Arrange meetings and client interactions
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as and when required
- Co-ordinate corporate functions
General expectations for Marketing Assistant role:
You must have: strong interest in energy & technology, good organizational skills, web research skills, basic data analysis skills
Must have skills:
- Must have confidence in own abilities
- Must take responsibility for own work quality
- Excellent written and grammatical skills
- Proof reading is a key requirement
- Detail orientated
- Ability to create detailed lists and plans for virtual and physical events
- Excellent administrative skills. Attention to detail on executing marketing activities
- IT skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel
- Not afraid to ask questions
Background in energy, engineering, software, or marketing a plus.
- This is a paid internship scheduled to commence in late May or early June and run through early August with flexibility to accommodate school schedules.
- The role is primarily onsite in our Manhattan office and is subject to a return to normal office working conditions by the start date. In the event that there are continuing disruptions to normal office working conditions created by the Corona virus, SGS may not be able to offer the position.
- Interested candidates are encouraged to forward along a resume with a brief introduction or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- A student who is or has attended a university located in New York state within the last calendar year
- New York State resident who is/has attended a university outside of New York state within the last calendar year