Office Administrator Apprenticeship (“Digital Applications Support Apprenticeship”)
Candidates must be between the ages of 16 and 19 to qualify as this is an apprenticeship opportunity through QA. To find out more about this opportunity, please visit Digital Applications SCQF 6 Apprenticeship Programme (Scotland) (QAADAL6S). The qualification that you would achieve after successful completion of the programme is equivalent to an HNC at college or 1st year of university.
Chief Financial Officer
Smarter Grid Solutions is a pioneering software technology company working at the intersection of clean energy, advanced technology, and power systems. We are a team of electrical engineers, software developers, and analytics & consulting experts working on the transformation of tomorrow’s electric grid – to become cleaner, more efficient, and more sustainable!
We spearheaded the introduction of Active Network Management in the UK, and we are now a world-leading provider of Distributed Energy Resource (DER) Management Systems (DERMS) software to electrical utilities across the UK, Europe and North America. We have a customer base that includes major utilities and we manage a portfolio of over 400 megawatts of renewable generation - from wind turbines and solar systems to battery energy storage and electric vehicles.
We are looking for a diligent and detail-oriented Office Administrator Apprentice to help in our mission to transform today’s energy systems!
Background & Job Purpose
As part of our growth strategy, we are recruiting for an Office Administrator for our Glasgow Office. The successful applicant will be expected to work from the Glasgow office on most days each week. The post-holder will ideally have previous Office Administrative or Office Management experience in an SME business and be able to demonstrate the ability to work under their own initiative in a fast paced environment while providing a customer centred service committed to providing the highest quality business support.
SGS is looking for a highly motivated Office Administrator who can deliver a first-class office operation to our team. This role will often be the first point of contact in the business and requires excellent communication skills when dealing with external shareholders, directors, staff, professionals and tradesmen – all of which require diplomacy and have different demands.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the office in Glasgow and also responsible for administrative duties that can be done remotely for the New York office
- General office administration and co-ordination, as well as organising and maintaining files and records
- Responsible for handling calls to our Glasgow office (and New York office when applicable)
- Responsible for the coordination of facilities for our Glasgow office and dealing with any issues arising (and New York Office when applicable)
- Responsible for coordinating office housekeeping and handling any hygiene or maintenance issues that arise
- Deals with any local supplies and issues arising, ensuring facilities are to a professional standard
- Performs administrative duties for executive management
- Responsible for the safe receipting, recording & delivery of goods & packages to and from our offices
- Plans and schedules meetings and appointments, and booking out meeting spaces
- Answers general emails and postal correspondence with customers and suppliers
- Prepares and edits correspondence, reports, financial data and presentations
- Makes travel, meetings, accommodation and guest arrangements
- Tracks, sources and negotiates pricing for office supplies and equipment and place orders when necessary
- Coordinates office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Manages health and safety as well as fire regulations within the office
- Can work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion
- Displays creativity and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is project-driven, results-driven and detail oriented
- Manages office subscriptions to magazines and online resources
- Prioritises, multitasks, and works on own initiative to establish and meet deadlines
- Responsible for management of internal systems and processes
- Processes financial transactions such as employee expenses and invoices
- Provides administrative support to the Bid Office team
- Organises the annual Christmas party!
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office business applications and other office related products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to make decisions independently
- A self-starter and great at using own initiative
- Detail-orientated and high degree of accuracy with work
- Excellent at planning and organising
- Professional, courteous
- Friendly and approachable
- Diligent and reliable
- Ability to perform under pressure
- An eye for improvement
- Demonstrates the ability to solve common problems and to provide immediate solutions
- Demonstrates the ability to build relationships, both internally and with clients
- 5 x GSCE's / Highers or Equivalent
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, dependent upon experience
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of 3 public days)
- 5% matched Employer pension scheme
- Up to 5% company performance bonus per annum
- Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
- Life Cover (3x)
In return, you’ll be joining a highly engaged and passionate team that rewards commitment and achievement.
Interviews will take place in our city-centre Glasgow office or remotely and are likely to be held early in December. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 29th November 2021.
If would like to apply, please send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Digital Application Support Classroom Summary
Week 1 PC Passport
- Led by Microsoft Expert tutors
- Focusing on web enabled office packages
- Using technology and applications in a collaborative manner e.g. Excel working with other users in a remote environment
- Understanding, configuring and optimising spreadsheet application – building, using formulas and data valuation
- Understand and configure word processing applications e.g. creating a business report and a magazine
- Understand and configure spreadsheet applications
- Understand and configure presentation applications
- Understand and configure database applications
Note: If learners have already completed the PC Passport qualification at SCQF 6 prior to starting their apprenticeship they will be exempt from this module
Week 2 Office Systems User
- Learn the fundamentals of network design and implementation.
- Digital network environment
- Optimise IT system performance
- Digital communications
- Digital Information management and how it is protected
- Understand how to configure the optimum performance for common systems and applications.
Week 3 Creative Business Skills (optional week)
- Understand how to use image software.
- Understand how to configure and implement graphic design tools.
- Understand how to use video software.
- Understand how to configure and implement video design tools.
Week 4 Creative Content Skills (optional week)
- Understand how to use website software
- Learn and know how to input software design fundamentals
- Understand the basics of web development using a content management system (CMS)
- Understand and create front-end website content