Company and Role Overview
Smarter Grid Solutions is a pioneering technology company who spearheaded the introduction of Active Network Management in the UK, and is now a world-leading provider of DERMS Software to electrical utilities across the UK, Europe and North America. We have a customer base that includes major utilities including UK Power Networks, Western Power Distribution, Consolidated Edison, Hydro One and Southern California Edison and controls over 350 MW of renewable generation, from wind turbines to electric vehicles, across its customer territories.
This technical programme management role offers the opportunity to oversee a variety of exciting projects across the UK, Europe and North America. In this role you will work with our growing multi-disciplinary teams in Glasgow and New York to develop and deliver complete solutions for our customers.
You will have several years in a programme management role with strategic decision making responsibilities delivering technical projects and programmes to external customers. Ideally this experience would have been gained within a similar industry, ie; electricity networks, renewables, telecommunications, or control systems.
Responsibilities and Objectives
- Ownership of delivery programmes, driving project schedules from design to release and manage the go-live
- Implement and champion best practices across programme and project management teams
- Contribute to the development and implementation of quality assurance to support senior executives and customer sponsors through the process
- Implement an effective reporting and communication process to ensure stakeholders are aware of the status and developments relating to all programme activity
Required Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in computing science, mathematics, or associate discipline
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- 10+ years of experience with software development lifecycle
- 7+ years of project management experience and demonstrated knowledge of programme management best practices
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects through work prioritization, planning and task delegation
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Experience of delivering processes and systems in relevant industries (electricity networks, renewables, telecommunications, control systems) with corresponding site commissioning experience
- Good knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
Glasgow, Edinburgh or London
Full-time (ask us about flexible working)
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive basic salary + annual company performance bonus
UK Benefits include: 33 days holiday, 7.5% company matched pension contributions and life assurance coverage
If you’re interested in applying for this position or have any questions about the role or life at Smarter Grid Solutions we’d love to hear from you! Please email a CV/resume (or your questions) to email@example.com. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can!