Smarter Grid Solutions is a pioneering technology company who spearheaded the introduction of Active Network Management in the UK, now a world-leading provider of DERMS software to electrical utilities across the UK, Europe, and North America. It has a customer base that includes major utilities including UK Power Networks, Western Power Distribution, Consolidated Edison, Hydro One, and Southern California Edison and controls over 350 MW of renewable generation, from wind turbines to electric vehicles, across its customer territories.
The primary responsibility for this post is to deliver high quality, on budget and on time projects to our expanding client base for both consultancy and system integration projects. The focus of the role is ensuring that the projects are being delivered to the satisfaction of the client and coordinating activities internally.
Detailed responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the EVP of Operations to deliver client projects on time and to program
- Creation of project plans and management of project teams to deliver to plan
- Taking responsibility for financial control of projects and reporting on project status
- Quality assurance role ensuring that project deliverables are to standard before issue or delivery
- Liaison with clients and working directly with them to resolve particular issues where they arise
- Ensuring compliance with an understanding of health and safety requirements
- Managing sub-contractors
- Advising and training colleagues on project management methods and tools
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of delivering processes and systems in relevant industries (electricity networks, renewables, telecommunications, control systems) with corresponding site commissioning experience
- Delivery of systems with a significant software component, whether bespoke or product
- Project management skills including an ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders, using internal staff, subcontractors, and consultants
- Experience delivering projects via both traditional and agile methodologies
- Preferably with an engineering background
- Experience of successful financial management of projects, managing both consultancy and systems integration
- Experience in client relationship management
- A self-starter attitude with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team and manage diverse resources, internal and external
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
Base compensation will depend upon level of experience.
SGS offers an excellent staff benefits package.
New York City or surrounding area preferred.
Up to 25% as required
Apply now: email@example.com