Company and Role Overview
Smarter Grid Solutions is a pioneering technology company who spearheaded the introduction of Active Network Management in the UK, and is now a world-leading provider of DERMS software to electrical utilities across the UK, Europe and North America. We have a customer base that includes major utilities including UK Power Networks, Western Power Distribution, Consolidated Edison, Hydro One and Southern California Edison and controls over 400 MW of renewable generation, from wind turbines to electric vehicles, across its customer territories.
This project management role offers the opportunity to oversee a variety of exciting projects across the UK, Europe and North America. In this role you will work with our growing multi-disciplinary teams in Glasgow and New York to develop and deliver complete solutions for our customers.
You will have experience in a project coordination or project management role delivering technical projects to external customers. Ideally this experience will have been gained in a software product based organisation.
Responsibilities and Objectives
- Delivery of client projects on time and to programme
- Creating of project plans and management of project teams to deliver to plan
- Financial control of projects, and reporting on project status
- Liaise with clients to resolve issues where they arise
- Ensure compliance with commercial terms
- Manage sub-contractor relationships
Required Experience and Capabilities
- Project management experience in a dynamic and highly technical environment, ideally within a software product organization
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle and different methodologies
- Excellent communication and customer relationship management skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects through work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Contract management and project finance management experience
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Experience of delivering processes and systems in relevant industries (electricity networks, renewables, telecommunications, control systems) or other mission critical environments
- Prior executive level customer relationship management with NYSE, Fortune 500 or similar companies
- Agile/Scrum experience
Full-time (ask us about flexible working)
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive basic salary + annual company performance bonus
US Benefits include: 28 days holiday (increases with service), 5% company matched 401k contributions, exceptional health insurance and life assurance coverage.
If you’re interested in applying for this position or have any questions about the role or life at Smarter Grid Solutions we’d love to hear from you! We’ll get back to you as soon as we can!
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus scheme
- Life insurance
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Casual dress
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying for this position or have any questions about the role or life at Smarter Grid Solutions we’d love to hear from you! Please email a CV/resume (or your questions) to email@example.com. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can!