Company and Role Overview
Smarter Grid Solutions is a pioneering technology company that spearheaded the introduction of Active Network Management in the UK, and is now a world-leading provider of DERMS Software to electrical utilities across the UK, Europe and North America. We have a customer base that includes major utilities including UK Power Networks, Western Power Distribution, Consolidated Edison, Hydro One and Southern California Edison and controls over 350 MW of renewable generation, from wind turbines to electric vehicles, across its customer territories.
This dedicated front-end role involves the development of our customer-facing ANM Strata User Interface. Our user interface provides utility operators with a real-time view of the operation of our software including live measurement data, illustrations of historical performance and the ability to configure and control our platform. You will work with the latest user interface technologies in a growing multi-disciplinary software team based across our Glasgow and New York offices.
Responsibilities and Objectives
- Design and implement user interfaces using the latest UI development technologies.
- Develop code within budget and on time according to the defined company standards and quality processes.
- Work as a senior member of an Agile Scrum team and participate in daily stand-ups.
- Mentor less experienced team members and contribute to maintaining a culture of quality and consistency.
- Contribute to the ongoing technical innovation of the team by bringing relevant products, techniques, thoughts and ideas to the table.
Required Experience and Capabilities
- Experience applying object-oriented software design methodologies to front-end projects.
- Experienced in using modern web technologies including TypeScript.
- Familiarity with front-end unit testing technologies.
- Experience using REST APIs.
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS.
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in computing science, software engineering or associated discipline.
- Experience using CSS pre-processors and CSS design methodologies.
- Understanding of browser compatibility issues and solutions.
- Understanding of user experience principles and layout aesthetics.
- Experience working as a team leader or senior member within a team of developers.
Full-time (ask us about flexible working)
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive basic salary + annual company performance bonus
UK Benefits include: 33 days holiday, 7.5% company matched pension contributions and life assurance coverage.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in applying for this position or have any questions about the role or life at Smarter Grid Solutions we’d love to hear from you! Please email a CV/resume (or your questions) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can!