Company and Role Overview
Smarter Grid Solutions (SGS) is a leading provider of Smart Grid products and services with an international client list of the leading utility companies. SGS delivers Active Network Management (ANM) technology solutions supported by power systems analysis, systems integration, and support services that allow electricity network operators to connect more Distributed Energy Resources (DER) to the existing grid while avoiding or postponing grid reinforcements.
SGS has won many awards, both in the UK and USA, including the coveted USA Grid-Edge Award and UK Energy Innovation Award, and has been recognized by global industry analysts such as Navigant and Greentech Media.
Five of the six UK utility companies use our Active Network Management products and services and in the USA, utility giants such as Con Edison, Iberdrola, and Southern Company are benefiting from our technology. We support our customers worldwide from our offices in Glasgow, New York and San Francisco.
A Senior Integration Engineer is sought to join this team and assist with the technical design and delivery of production systems. You will deploy SGS products in the field and participate in the delivery and support of systems throughout their lifecycle.
Responsibilities and Objectives
- Deliver and support operational ANM systems
- Prepare system requirements, functional specifications, test specifications and other documentation for SGS projects
- Design and configure complex database systems
- Design and configure cloud infrastructure environments
- Design data interfaces between SGS products and external systems, e.g. SCADA, data historians, generator control systems
- Configuration, testing, and commissioning of ANM platforms and applications in production and pre-production environments
- Maintain knowledge of latest research, development and trial activities in the domain and identify opportunities consistent with SGS capabilities, platforms and target markets
Required Experience and Capabilities
- BSc/BEng/MSc/MEng in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- Have contributed to engineering projects involving elements of systems integration and commissioning
- An understanding of database design principals, cluster connectivity, security and the factors that affect distributed system performance.
- Understand software engineering lifecycle and documentation process for design, development and support
- Experience configuring communication protocol interfaces for client/server and publish/subscribe protocols
- Experience with build, deployment and administration of Windows and Linux platforms
- Experience with IT/OT communication networking
- Understanding of IT security practices and cybersecurity risks
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Software development experience using Java or C# or IEC 61131-3 programming languages and/or scripting and interfacing languages such as Python and Groovy
- Experience using software version control services, e.g. Git, Subversion
- Knowledge of current and emerging smart grid technologies
- Experience of working with electricity utilities
- Understanding of utility communication architectures, standards and protocols, including: DNP3, Modbus, OPC, IEC61850
Anticipated Start Date
Apply now: email@example.com