Company and Role Overview
Smarter Grid Solutions is a pioneering technology company who spearheaded the introduction of Active Network Management in the UK, and is now a world-leading provider of DERMS software to electrical utilities across the UK, Europe and North America. We have a customer base that includes major utilities including UK Power Networks, Western Power Distribution, Consolidated Edison, Hydro One and Southern California Edison and controls over 400 MW of renewable generation, from wind turbines to electric vehicles, across its customer territories.
This senior project management role offers the opportunity to oversee a variety of exciting projects across the UK, Europe and North America. In this role you will work with our growing multi-disciplinary teams in Glasgow and New York to develop and deliver complete solutions for our customers.
You will have several years in a project management role with strategic decision making responsibilities delivering technical projects and programmes to external customers. Ideally this experience will have been gained in a software product based business to business role.
Responsibilities and Objectives
- Own delivery programmes, including contract management, milestone awareness and risk management, driving project schedules from design to release
- Design an effective reporting and communication process to ensure stakeholders are aware of the status and developments relating to all project activity
- Contribute to the development and implementation of quality assurance to support senior executives and customer sponsors through the process
- Implement and champion best practices across the project management team
Required Experience and Capabilities
- Project management experience in a dynamic and highly technical environment, ideally within a software product organization
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and different methodologies
- Excellent communication and customer relationship management skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects through work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Contract management and project finance management experience
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Experience of delivering processes and systems in relevant industries (electricity networks, renewables, telecommunications, control systems) or other mission critical environments
- Prior executive level customer relationship management with FTSE 100 or similar companies
- Bachelor’s degree in computing science, mathematics, or associated technical discipline
- Agile/Scrum experience
Full-time (ask us about flexible working)
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive basic salary + annual company performance bonus
- UK Benefits include: 33 days holiday, 7.5% company matched pension contributions and life assurance coverage
If you’re interested in applying for this position or have any questions about the role or life at Smarter Grid solutions we’d love to hear from you! Please email a cv/resume (or your questions) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can!