Smarter Grid Solutions (SGS) is a leading provider of Smart Grid products and services with a client list of network and utility companies across the UK and North America such as Scottish & Southern Electricity Networks, Western Power Distribution, UK Power Networks, Avangrid, and Southern California Edison. SGS DERMS products provide a platform to deliver innovative grid management solutions that meet existing and emerging objectives of network operators and users such as managing network congestion and facilitating progressive network services. The deployment of DERMS software products is supported by essential engineering and integration professional. SGS is growing its Integration Practice to meet the high demand for our smart grid control systems. A Smart Grid Engineer is sought to join the Integration Practice and take responsibility for the delivery of production DERMS systems and providing technical customer support.
This role requires a highly motivated person with excellent communication skills and also working knowledge of the technology components and trends that intersect industrial control, power systems and ICT. In this role the successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to high profile international clean energy (wind, solar PV, energy storage and demand side response) projects alongside some of the top engineers in the industry.
Responsibilities and Objectives
- Support and deliver operational Active Network Management Systems;
- Implement data interfaces between SGS products and external systems, e.g. SCADA, Data Historians, Generator Control Systems;
- Provide technical support for customers and Smart Grid deployments;
- Prepare system requirements, functional specifications, test specifications and other documentation for SGS projects;
- Integrate control and field instrumentation, measurement devices, test rigs and harnesses for production projects;
- Configuration, testing, and commissioning of ANM platforms and applications in production and pre-production environments;
- Maintain knowledge of the latest research, development and trial activities in the domain and identify opportunities consistent with SGS capabilities, platforms and target markets.
- Participate in on-site commissioning of ANM components
Required Experience and Capabilities
- HND/BSc/BEng/MSc/MEng in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Control, Computer Science or similar discipline;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Understand software engineering lifecycle and documentation process for design, development and support;
- Basic IT communication networking experience;
- Strong analytical and presentation skills;
- Basic Software development experience
Anticipated Start Date
Up to 7.5% pension match
Cycle to Work Scheme
Apply now: email@example.com